Sunday, June 1, 2008

My Sweet Husband's 30th

Jonathan is officially the big 30! I told him that he is old because he is now in his thirties and I am still in my twenties but when I turn 30, 30 will no longer be old. No offense to anyone just an inside joke. The girls helped me get his birthday present, and I was shocked that they kept it a secret for almost 2 weeks. They were so excited and would ask me every day if it was Daddy's birthday yet. I think they were as excited about his birthday as they are for their own. Jonathan would try to get them to tell him what we got and the conversation went like this...
J to Malia: What did mommy get me for my birthday.
Malia: I can't tell you. It's a surprise.
J to Hannah: What did mommy get me for my birthday.
Hannah: I don't know.
J to girls: What did mommy get me for my birthday.
Malia: We didn't get you nofing daddy.

They never would tell him what we got for him. We were working on our basement for his birthday so we went to dinner, opened presents and then came home and had apple pie (thanks Costco).


6 comments:

Jennie Blaser said...

So, what did you get him for his birthday?
Good to have you back in the blog world!

Dawn said...

In that last photo Abigail look like she can't figure out where the flames went!

yeah, what did you get him? Nufing?

scollier said...

He got an ipod that he has been wanting ever since they came out. I asked him what he wanted and he told me an external hard drive or a cd. I responded "Do I have permission to have free reign on this birthday?" He responded yes but does not remember this.

Lori said...

Sweet!!!!!!! I will make fun of you forever...

scollier said...

I'll count on it

jwilson said...

LOVE the pic of my handsome bro with his beautiful little girls.

Welcome to the thirties...it's not so bad..just a few aches, a few wrinkles and a few extra pounds...no big deal. :)

Love, Jen